When it comes to gift cards, the weekly $50 Walmart Gift Card will surely come in handy in various ways. If you are presented with an opportunity to bring home a Walmart gift card, it is an opportunity that you should not miss out on. If you are a lucky recipient to bring one home, there are important considerations when using your gift card.
Activating and using a Walmart gift card
Let us check out the steps on how to activate a Walmart gift card here.
There is no activation necessary for gift cards less than $250, e-gift Cards, or those that were part of bulk purchases with a total of fewer than 25 cards.
For security purposes, activation is necessary for any Walmart plastic Gift Cards purchased in an order of 25 cards and/or an order of $250 or more. You will receive an email with activation instructions at the time an order is placed. You will receive an email with a password to activate your Gift Card. In case you do not receive an email or cannot find one, get in touch with Walmart customer care.
How to use your gift card in online purchases
Once you proceed to the checkout, you can use up to five gift cards at one time or a combination of a gift card and another payment method such as debit card/credit or Pay with Cash.
If you are going to use your gift cards online, follow these steps:
- During checkout, you will reach the Payment Method screen, select “Gift Card.”
- Add a new Gift Card or apply those that are already saved.
- As cards are added, you will see them in your Purchase Summary. In case the total of your order is less than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, the leftover amount will be carried over on your card for your next purchases. In case your total order is more than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, you need to pay the balance with additional gift cards or a credit/debit card.
- Using your 16-digit card number and PIN, you can verify the remainder of your Walmart Gift Card either online, in a Walmart store, or by calling 1-888-537-5503.
How to locate your PIN
The PIN is a Personal Identification Number that is unique for each Walmart Gift Card. You can find it on the back part of your gift card in the bottom right corner below the silver scratch-off area.
In case you have a plastic gift card that does not include a PIN, you can use it at a store, but you cannot use it online at Walmart.com. For security purposes, Walmart.com can only accept cards with a PIN. If there is no PIN, you cannot check the balance of a Walmart Gift Card. Luckily, you have the option to trade it in for a new card with a PIN at any local Walmart store or Sam’s Club in the United States.
What happens to lost or stolen cards?
When your gift card is lost or stolen, it will not be replaced. Neither Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC nor Wal-Mart Stores have the liability to you for lost or stolen Walmart Gift Cards or use of any gift cards by third parties through your Walmart.com account.
Remember that you should protect your password. It is your responsibility to safely store the password for your Walmart.com account secure and any activity under your account.
Where can I use a $50 Walmart Gift Card?
If you have a $50 Walmart Gift card, you can redeem it at any of the following locations:
- SamsClub.com. If you are not a member, you can still use your Walmart gift card to shop at SamsClub.com for a 10% service fee.
- Walmart Stores and Neighborhood Markets
- Walmart Gas Stations
- Sam’s Club Stores. If you are not a member, you can still use your Walmart gift card to shop at a Sam’s Club store for a 10% service fee.
How to use a gift card
If you have a plastic gift card, you can request the cashier to scan it at checkout or use it at Self-Checkout to pay for your purchase. In case you have an eGift Card, you can use it in-store by printing out the eGift card email or presenting it to the cashier on your mobile device.
When using your plastic gift card or eGift card on Walmart.com, follow these steps:
- Add the items you want to buy to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Confirm the delivery and pickup details
- Under “Enter payment method”, select “Gift Card”
- Enter your gift card number and PIN
- Tap on “Apply Gift Card
If you want to save a gift card to your Walmart.com account for future use, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Walmart.com account Under “Manage Account”, select Gift Cards
- Select “Add a New Gift Card.” If you do not have any gift cards saved on your account, the form to add a new gift card will open up automatically.
- Enter your gift card and PIN. You also have the option to add a nickname so you can easily tell your gift cards apart
- Select “Save.”
When a gift card is stored on your account, you no longer need to re-enter the PIN when using it at checkout. With this in mind, you should be careful when sharing your account with a family member.
With a $50 Walmart Gift Card, it is a must-have whether as a quick way to make purchases or as a useful gift for a family or friend.
Check to see if you are a winner here: https://winnersadvisor.com/2020/11/23/recent-winners/